10 Popular Student Visa Questions Asked By International Students Who Want To Come To The US For Their University Studies. Fortunately, the answers will help you as you go through the process of obtaining your student visa. When asking 10 popular questions about the student visa, it is important that you stay up to date with the current visa requirements for your home country. Especially now, as our politicians are openly discussing immigration reform, which can and will affect student visa holders coming to the United States and also those who are here.
You can stay up to date by following us on Facebook and Twitter.
Where do I begin? Where do I apply for my student visa? What type of student visa do I need? How much money do I need to be approved? How should I be able to speak English? Can my family travel with me to the United States? Can I work and earn money with my student visa? How long can I stay in the United States on my student visa? How will immigration reform change my opportunities in the United States? Where can I find more information?

1. Where do I start?

You cannot apply for a student visa of any kind unless you have been officially accepted into a college / university program in the US that is recognized as a SEVP approved school. So, if you haven’t already, then you need to apply for the school and program you want to study. To study in the USA, you need to prove in a face-to-face interview that you have a permanent residence in your country of citizenship, that you have the funds to support your study (at least the following year). years of finance would be ideal), and that you intend to return to your home country once you complete your education. Wherever you choose to study, we advise you to apply for your visa as soon as possible.

2. Where do I apply for my student visa?

You need to apply for your student visa in your own country. This may require you to visit an application center where you will submit your application paperwork and provide any necessary biometric information. To obtain a student visa from the United States, it is necessary that you attend an interview at the embassy or consulate.

3. What type of student visa do I need?

For students, there are two visa options: the F or M visa. The only reason you should apply for an M visa is if you are planning to attend a recognized vocational or other non-academic institution, other than a training program. in languages. All other education programs require you to apply for an F visa.

4. How much money will I need?

This is one of the most common questions and is a critical factor in your visa application process and in being approved for your visa. Although you may have been accepted into the program of your choice and it is within 30 days of your college start date, you still need to make sure that you interview a student, check it out, check it out. through your sponsor) have sufficient funds to pay for the first year of your education (and being able to show finances of ability to pay each year is ideal). If you cannot prove that you have access to these financial resources, your visa may be denied and your college start date may be lost, or you may always be denied your student visa. For details on how to prepare and make sure you pass your F-1 student visa interview for the first time, get my e-book now. To give you an idea of ​​the cost of your education in the US, take a look at the Estimated Average Budgets for Full-Time College Students, 2012 – 2013. This chart is designed to give you an idea of ​​costs for your freshman year of college. /College. At a minimum, you must show that you can pay during this year at your F-1 student visa interview. For more information on the cost of education, click on my free .pdf called Trends in College Prices (2012).

5. How good should my English be?

It makes sense that your English should be better than average if the program you have applied for and been accepted requires that you have already completed an English certification / exam such as TOEFL. But unless you are coming to the US To enter an English language program, your English will need to be average – excellent – for a few reasons: 1) your program will likely require TOEFL as a visa requirement, 2) as a requirement for the visa. be approved after a face-to-face interview with a US consular officer, in English, and 3) you must demonstrate that you have a good knowledge of English at the border crossing when entering the US.

6. Can my family travel with me?

Your family can travel with you, but you will have to prove your relationship to your dependent, and they will also need to apply for and be approved for their own visas. Your spouse and unmarried minor children who intend to live with you during your study can apply for F-2 or M-2 visas. The school of your choice must issue you an individual Form I-20, which is required to apply for your own visas. You must provide a copy of your F-1 or M-1 visa and provide proof of relationship with these family members. Note: Your minor children can attend school in the United States while they accompany you.

7. Can I work with my Visa?

Generally, with a student visa you are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week. However, you can only start work if you are authorized for Optional Practical Training (OPT) and have your I-20 form (from your school) approved for OPT, along with the Application for Employment Document Authorization (EADCIS) (EADCIS) . This temporary job is directly related to your area of ​​study. Although I do not recommend these sites because they are not well organized and you may find all the information frustrating; For more information on OPT, you can visit the USCIS website and the ICE International Student website.

8. How long can I stay?

With a student visa, you are allowed to stay for the duration of your college / university program, as indicated by your application and initial visa approval. If you want to extend your stay in the US, you must submit an application (Form I-539) before the authorized time expires. You can request an extension of your stay if: You were legally admitted to the United States on a non-immigrant visa Your non-immigrant visa status is still valid You have not committed any crime that makes you ineligible to violate your admission visa. will remain valid for the duration of your stay. You cannot request to extend your stay if you were admitted to the United States in the following categories: For important details about how long you can stay and the electronic process cannot. go to the CBP website.

9. Are governments trying to make it harder for international students?

While it may seem like countries are trying to make it harder to get to the US for your college education, the changes that are being discussed and occurring may help international education to protect your future. As a legitimate international student, you might be surprised to learn that the goal of these immigration restrictions is to prevent fraudulent and illegal universities from offering substandard education courses / programs to international students. The restrictions are designed to ensure that you receive an excellent education from a recognized institution. They are also designed to give you access to our education system, but with the understanding and legal agreement that you will not attempt to stay in the US and there it becomes a burden on our economic systems. On a side note, current conversations about immigration reform are discussing how our government can make it easier for international students to stay in the United States after completing their studies and obtaining their green card. These talks are promising …

10. Where can I find more information?

For more information on student visas, the Gо USA Visa Center recommends the following blog topics: Apply for an F-1 visa student visa General information about immigration reform student visa Fields of study STEM Looking good with your application for visa. Feel free to ask any questions in the comments, and if you think some of your friends will find this helpful, be sure to share it with them via Facebook and Twitter.

Gо USA! :p

All information presented here is from my personal research and my attempts to save you time and money in pursuing your dream of coming to study in the United States. Do not take any of this information as LEGAL advice; I am not a lawyer, nor do I play on television. This information is collected from a variety of sources, including many US government websites, and I urge you to validate this information as much as possible, just as I do when posting to this blog. Related


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *